Monday, September 29, 2014

GMU Update 2.0

Susan Boesen-Copple had some great questions that I thought the rest of the parents would also like to have the answers to so I have included those below!


1 -
We are planning for me (Lauren McCool) to go instead of Billy. He can not make a for sure commitment, so I will be the tournament chaperone. Billy still may attend the tournament, but I will be the team representative. If parents would like to attend you are always free to do so.

2-At this point I do not know who/how many students are hoping to attend the tournament. Money is a limiting factor and that is mainly why I wanted to get this information out (holes and all) asap. As a result, I cannot provide you a list of the attending students.

3-
If you would like your student to fly with me on the plane then they need to turn their fees in as soon as possible -- part of the "judging fee" includes the money I will use to purchase my own ticket!

4-
I am leaving the time window open because of the non-flexibility of the airlines. I will have all students meet in the baggage claim/rental car area. It is my guess that we will mostly be on the same flights as there aren't that many options. They will wait there if they arrive before I do and then we will wait together until approx 9pm when we will transition to the hotel via rental mini-van.
5-
I have registration under control. That isn't something students need to worry about.

6-
For departure flights this is where the students will have to demonstrate maturity and responsibility.Nevertheless,  we will (using the rental car) make sure that all of the students are at the airport in plenty of time for their flights. They will (with as much help from me as possible)  be responsible for making sure they board  the correct flight. Depending on the flight schedules some students may be left un-chaperoned once it comes time for me to board my flight (which has not been purchased yet).

7-
But most importantly, you are always allowed to travel with and make your own plans for your student.  If you want to do something independent of the rest of the team that is up to your family.