We have completed our first week of practices for policy debate. All debaters have put forth extraordinary effort so for -- but I'd like to especially recognize Mary Beth Armstrong. She went above and beyond over the weekend by doing research on our affirmative - Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion. This will be the affirmative we will debate at our first tournament (for novices), Simpson on October 3-4.
I told the novices on Friday that it would make me very happy if they did independent research to learn more about our affirmative. Not only did Mary Beth send me two links regarding OTEC, but the articles she sent had a potential counter plan as well as an advantage add-on. She is now researching a private company based in Hawaii that is attempting to do our plan which is a fantastic negative strategy.
This is an example of going above and beyond and I am so proud of her and her work.
-Coach Chase