Attention Public
Forum Debaters:
Here are my expectations for the rest of the season: I expect that I have your cases two weeks
before you attend a tournament and at minimum you have two practice rounds (one
pro and one con) in before your go to that tournament. These are absolute minimum requirements
because it is a big investment for you to go to a tournament and no one wants
to waste their time, energy and money to lose every single one of their rounds. I know we have been very flexible, but I will
be firm on these guidelines. I have put
together a calendar below of deadlines so that you can plan to maximize your
participation if you so choose. Your two
practice rounds don’t have a due date per se, they only have to be completed
before you get on the bus.
|
Date
|
Activity/ Expectation
|
|
|
Oct. 1
|
November Topic Comes Out
|
|
|
Oct. 15
|
November Topic Analysis
|
|
|
Oct. 23
|
November Cases will be due
|
|
|
Nov.1
|
December Topic comes out
|
|
|
Nov. 12
|
December Topic Analysis
|
|
|
Nov.20
|
December Cases Due
|
|
|
Dec.1
|
January topic Comes Out
|
|
|
Dec. 17
|
January Topic Analysis
|
|
|
Jan. 1
|
January Cases Due
|
|
|
|
|
|
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, as
I would be more than happy to answer them.
Katie Minks
515-556-0851
Katherine.minks@gmail.com