As hard as it is to continue on with life after working with
such a wonderful community with our program, fate had it that I was not done
coaching yet. My future plans involve me still in a coaching role. I have accepted a
position as an Induction Coach/Mentor Teacher for Des Moines Public Schools.
My work with be with first and second year teachers who are new to the profession.
There may be times during the course of the year where I may be in Roosevelt or
other high schools across the district counseling new teachers on the various
aspects of teaching students across the District. Some of these duties include but
are not limited to coaching/consulting/collaborating in the following areas:
Lesson/Unit Design
Classroom Management
Data Analysis and response to the data
Intervention Strategies
Modeling Instructional Practices
Inviting Collaboration with Administration
Facilitating and Participating in Other Professional
Developments
So...we may see each other sooner rather than later!
Coach Nate