Roosevelt Speech & Debate
Monday, December 26, 2011
Here is the voting choice for February topics...Nat Quals and big RR events
and these ideal choices!
Resolved: Privatization of the United States Postal Service would be in the best interests of the American public.
Resolved: Birthright citizenship should be abolished in the United States.
Some comments from Strong. These may not be as bad as they seem on the surface. I don't like the idea of agruing the postal service in national qualifier in front of rural NW Iowa judges--to me that is fatal.
The birthright citizenship may be a legit issue but it cuts pretty personally for some of our kids with as many as we have born overseas, as US citizens, some naturalized, some on green card status, etc. I am worried someone will affend someone's citizenship in a debate.
So if you have comments, let me know ASAP as I should vote the least dangerous to us...very disappointing choices here...I would have hoped for at least a FX choice.
Newer Post
Older Post
Home