Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What a WOW Moment this evening--Amazing!!!

Because we were buried in practice today--I never got to my mail until about 20 minutes ago.  That was most unusual.  So tonight-I was reading through the notes and mail and found a letter from the National Forensic League which announced Des Moines Roosevelt Debate is ranked 87th out of 3000 high school programs in AmericaWe have a Top 100 Certificate!

How absolutely amazing and incredible!  What a tribute to those students who have graduated and those with us today! 

I called Coach Nate to congratulate him and asked him if he remembered a conversation he and I had at a restaurant for lunch one Saturday in August 6 years ago...that was when he agreed to join us and our 5 students.  I told him we had a lot of work to do.  We had to grow the program.

Never did either of us anticipate this would be the result. 

We set out to reclaim the Roosevelt tradition...but what each of you have done is establish a new one!  Congratulations to each and every one of you!

Don't this is is exclusive to Roosevelt in Iowa as Indianola, Valley, Dowing and Iowa City West likely received the same letter.  Five Iowa programs in the top 100!