Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dowling Tournament is Over--Well Almost

There are still 3 rounds of CX to be held in Varsity: semis and finals...so I am writing this before we have completed the event. What an impressive show by Roosevelt debate students. Nate and I are thrilled. Many of you worked far more than you signed up for. But it was the quality of what you did that mattered. From ballet running, to ballot table, to ballot checking, copying, stuffing, etc...you guys made ZERO mistakes. The tab crews at St. Francis and Roosevelt LOVED you. The tab crew at Callanan loved their Dowling kids as well. But the tab crew at Merrill had some very harsh words for their Dowling students. I was over there twice and I was very disappointed in those students. Tim Sheaff will deal with those problems on Monday.

But our building ran perfectly. A special thanks to our parents (many of whom worked extra hours as well). I am blown away by your organization, your dedication and the smiles on your faces welcoming all students from around the country. What a great job!

A couple of real special thank yous to the Chiodo's and the Schott's for their organization of the judges lounge. A huge thank you to the Flannery's for their organization of the concessions. But is was a team parent effort--most families donating baked goods and working the shifts. How super!

Coach Nate and I appreciate all you do so we can focus on what we need to do--run the building and work with the kids.

Thanks again for everything!