I want to take a moment and thank everyone for the small birthday party in the auditorium on Saturday during the Paradigm. It was a neat moment and very appreciated. I know we have our challenges on our team but my favorite part of this team is the "love" and respect most of you have for one another. Thanks for the moment.
And another thanks. Thursday night while Taylor and I were enjoying the LD Round Robin dinner provided by the Dowling parents at the Hampton Inn, I had a shoulder moment. As I went to set down my plate of Pasta, I got it too far forward in front of me. I nearly dropped it on the table. It took a minute or two for the "stringer" to go away.
But it reminded me that it was one year ago I had the two major surgeries and what an ordeal it was. Last year during the tournament I was really hurting and not very good company. I am so much better now than last year. So many of you shared your prayers for me last year. I probably never really said thank you.
With all the challenges we all face, we sometime forget our blessings. I try to never forget what a blessing it is to coach all of you! Win or lose, you always give me a reason to do what I do. This weekend you did it again, showing everyone in the debate community what a class act you have become! It takes a lot to impress the community and you did it!
The birthday party gives me a nice remembrance of the Paradigm! Thanks again. Coach Harry