Sunday, June 22, 2008

Roosevelt National Results

First of all, I did not have good computer access for postings...I did text those I knew had an interest in our results but even that didn't work well.

Roosevelt had a HUGE national tournament and we have much to be proud of:

Chris Oman and Taylor Karms/Billy Strong and Lillian Chesser not only broke out of prelims in PF but got deep in the hunt for a national championship!

Oman and Karms were eliminated in round 12 and finished 11th in the nation!

Strong and Chesser were eliminated in round 10 of PF but did their damage to the field eliminating the team everyone was scared of (Collegiate HS) that had won Harvard and finished 2nd at TOC. That was in round 9.

Both of our PF teams lost on questionable decisions...we were disappointed with our last round results...we very much felt we won them.

Sandbothe, Boal, Martin and Crane did not advance in their main events.

Olivia, however, went 7 round (quarter finals) in extemp commentary! Billy went to quarters in impromptu (again), Boal went 4 rounds of commentary and Martin went 3 rounds of impromptu.