Not that anyone complained but I thought I should explain why, as tournament manager, I ruled for the semi final round of Oman and Schwingle to be run vs Chesser and Strong. Had it been a close out Oman and Schwingle would have been in finals.
We had an opprotunity to test two relative newcomers in the program in a pressure situation.
Because it was our tournament and we had willing judges to watch the round, I felt it was in Roosevelt's best interest to run the round. In the end, we got a semi final pressure round to both Nick and Lillian. The net result was we had a team with a true novice in finals strong enough to win the championship.
Both Chris Oman and Billy Strong have done an awesome job in preparing their novice partners for the tournament. We were given an opprotunity to reward both Nick and Lillian, so we did it.
Congratulations to both of them!
Coach Harry