I thought it appropriate to update all of you on Bianca Flores. She, of course, left Des Moines Roosevelt this summer to move with her family to Las Vegas. At the time she attended George Mason's extemp camp, she still had not been enrolled in a Vegas School. As it turns out, holding out on her part paid off and she has been accepted into The Meadows. The Meadows is a premier private academy in Las Vegas with one of the two powerhouse debate programs in Nevada. I am really thrilled for Bianca and the opprotunities which lie ahead for her.
She had called me yesterday to update me on her situation and it still wasn't certain that she would be able to enroll at The Meadows. I called the administrator at The Meadows to add my
input about Bianca and today she was accepted. She got in on the strength of her freshman debate performances. So congratulations to Bianca!
Coach Harry