Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Coaching Changes



Dear Parents and Team Supporters,

This afternoon, I shared some bittersweet news with our team. I have accepted a position at the National Speech and Debate Association, and I will not be returning to teach or coach in DMPS next year. My resignation won't take effect until June 30, and I'm excited I'll still be able to take the team to nationals and finish out this season.

During the meeting today I explained to the students that I am not certain where the district is in the process of hiring a new Director of Forensics. I also shared with them that Chase McCool has not resigned his assistant coaching position and has offered to insure that the logistics of next season are handled until the point that a new Director of Forensics is hired.  If you have questions about this transition process I will answer them the best that I can and would direct you to take any questions I cannot answer to the school’s administration.

I have greatly enjoyed getting to know you and your children and it is an honor to have been a part of the Roosevelt Speech and Debate legacy.  These students are brilliant, funny, kind, and talented young people. I truly treasure the time I have been able to spend with them.  Thank you to you for your continued support of this activity.

Sincerely,

Lauren McCool