Friday, September 26, 2014

Coordinating volunteers - and a request.

My name is Jennifer Konfrst, and I'm the mom of Ellie, a 9th grader enjoying her first year in debate. I've offered to coordinate parent volunteers for the team this year, and I'd like to start by developing a distribution list for direct emails during those times when email will be the fastest way to communicate. (And when I say "parents," I mean parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles - whoever wants to help!) If you would like to be on the parent distribution list, please send your email to jennifer.gloverkonfrst@drake.edu. I promise not to spam or send messages too frequently. (And the more parents who volunteer, the fewer emails we'll need!)

I also wanted to let you now about an urgent need right now - a coordinator for the concession stand for  our upcoming tournament at Roosevelt and when we help with the Dowling tournament. We have several parents who have volunteered to work the concession stand and help in myriad ways - we just need someone to coordinate all the details that go into getting the concession stand ready. 

I am traveling the weekend and week before Tournavelt (October 17/18) so I wouldn't be the best person to help, since much of the work will be done the weekends leading up to the event. Those who have helped in the past have offered to share tips and advice on making the concession stand work.

I hope we can find someone to coordinate this as soon as possible. If you're willing to help in this capacity, please let me know at jennifer.gloverkonfrst@drake.edu as soon as possible. I'd like to have someone in place by October 3. 

If there's anything I can do to help make parent coordination run more smoothly, please let me know. Meanwhile, thanks for your willingness to help support the team, so the team (and coaches) can go about the business of continuing our winning tradition!

Thanks!

Jennifer Konfrst