Together we have survived and thrived through another debate season! It all ended last weekend in Overland Park, KS with Lily Nellans earning a spot on the big stage as an International Extemp Finalist. DMPS posted the following article on their web site this am:
http://www.dmschools.org/2014/06/roosevelt-debate-continues-among-top-programs-in-the-nation/
It will be toward the first full week in July before we know for sure where Luke Theuma and Murphy Burke ended up in the national points race. I'm sure hoping they hung on to Honorable Mention All Americans for Roosevelt.
Last year we enjoyed good luck at nationals--this year we struggled with not so good luck. But in looking back, I see a lot of things to be happy about. Those who went to nationals who return to the program have a lot to build on!
As soon as we know what the final point standings are-I will be sure to post here on the blog. Those of you camping with me at GAC-SSI get ready! I sure will be! Strong