As of tonight the tournament is still on. The forecast has clarified a bit which makes this a bit easier. On Friday am-a small snow maker will pass over Central and Eastern Iowa producing trace amounts of snow to half an inch in the metro and Iowa City. Overnight Friday night a second, stronger surge of snow hits Southern Iowa with 2-4 inches here and 3-5 inches in Iowa City. Should be over around one pm in Iowa City. The only issue I really see is potentially some blowing and drifting for the return trip but at this point I don't see anything greater than 20-22 mph winds. That would generally be drivable. For now I have recommended to Atlantic Schools and Dowling that we not withdraw unless something more significant is forecast.
Minneapolis weather--they got a ton of snow this am and it was accident city like Des Moines was a couple of weeks ago. But we should be able to get up there and back with only minimal difficulties--probably some blowing on I35 coming back towards the metro.
Thus, for now, we are a go for tomorrow. 22 students in Iowa City with 9 judges and 7 students in Minnesota with three judges.
------------------
for the record, I am predicting a major snow on Tuesday 6-12" appears to be the potential.