The team has left for Iowa City. We have an email from City High indicating the tournament is on after consultation with their district this morning. NOAA has lowered their alert level for the snow system for tonight and tomorrow to only a Winter Weather Advisory not a warning. In large measure my meteorological background would agree with that assessment. If even told Tim Sheaff of Dowling late yesterday I was shocked at the aggressive nature of the Quad Cities NOAA office weather forecast that produced the Winter Storm Watch for that area.
We are still expecting snow in Iowa City maybe 4-5 inches and maybe less. Winds should not produce undo blowing and drifting for the return trip--so we sent the kids to Iowa City. Coach Nate and I will be monitoring the weather conditions down there and I know the tournament director will call me for forecast help if they feel they need so extra help.