Sunday, November 11, 2012

Heelan Results

We attended the Bishop Heelan tournament this weekend for two reasons:

1).  To support the struggling NW Iowa debate community and
2).  To be comfortable at national qualifier in February at Heelan.  A group of our kids now know that building better.

The rest of the Iowa debate community supported the Bettendorf tournament this past weekend and I have taken some flak from other coaches for not being at Bettendorf.  However, we have always supported NW Iowa when possible and will continue to do so because they are in our NFL District.  As District Chair I really feel I should have been in Sioux City.

Roosevelt essentially ruled the tournament.  One Spencer girl edged us in DI, Emma was second to Jack Ave in speakers points-they never hit hit each other.  Otherwise I think we won every event we entered.  Thanks to the students who made the trip!