I am not going to mention any names here but you know who you are! As most of you know there have been some pretty harsh words in debate of late as we begin to focus in on National Qualifier and All Iowa Finals. The intensity of some of the stuff has been way out of line. I think we have it all resolved.
That said, I so appreciate the leadership shown by a number of our students over the past week in dealing with the issues! I know this is high school and there will always be drama. I know there is a lot of pressure on seniors in particular about their last shot at things. I know we are the team to beat. All of it adds up and takes a toll.
But if we want to be champions in the end--we have to deal with this stuff and deal with it well. The leadership exhibited by a group of of our students over the last week has been most encouraging. Not only do the coaches appreciate your support personally--we greatly appreciate the steps you have taken to help get things settled back down. Nice job! With leadership like shown over the past week by some of you, I feel very confident about our chances over the next few weeks!