Thursday, May 19, 2011

Great banquet

Thanks to everyone for a nice banquet for our seniors last evening.  Attendance was 119 (very nice)...11 seniors were present to speak.  There were lots of highlights to the banquet but anyone who knows Heaven Shaffer had to be really excited for her when she spoke!  She had a great day yesterday followed by a tremendous evening.  Kathe Danielson indicated that she thought it was great and I think the Roosevelt debate community did themselves proud last night.  a special thanks to hall who worked the banquet!  A special thank you for Kathy Roat and Kathy Larson...but also to don and Beth Flannery, Kim Baer and anyone else who helped out.  I'm sure I am forgetting someone so please don't be offended if I didn't name you!.  When Nate and I arrived at 4:30 to set up...the set up was almost complete!  Mike, Sarah and Jamie all helped with that as well. 

Fairfield High Point Award:  Tess Yocom
Sandbothe Most Improved Speaker:  Becky Hall
Crane Best Debater:  Harrison Hayward
Most Debate Wins:  Mike Flannery
Best Debate Record on Percentage:  Madi Holmes
Strong Public Address Award:  Kayleigh Courard Hauri
Davis LD Award:  Taylor Yocom
McDermott Interp Award:  Tess Yocom
Extemp Award:  Catherine Chiodo
Leadership (new):  Harrison Hayward
Congress (new):  Katy Roat
Academic All Americans:  Tess Yocom, Katy Roat, Kayleigh Courard-Hauri and Caroline Alexander