Monday, January 05, 2009

Emergency Surgery

Unfortunately my visit with the surgeon did not go well late this afternoon and I will be back in surgery Tuesday afternoon around 2pm. The mechanical shoulder separated and, of course, not being able to feel it, I had no idea.

On Tuesday they have several options to fix the problem but the repairs cannot wait. This essentially means I will be out another 2-3 weeks as the repairs will be just as substantial as the original surgery. I will be in the hospital 2 days leaving early Thursday afternoon.

Nate is in charge of the team and we are trying to have him fill in for me in North Carolina this weekend and have Sam in charge at IHSSA. Nate will let you all know what the plans are later on Tuesday or early Wednesday.

I am so sorry that I have to go thru this again and be gone for another few weeks. One reason I scheduled the original surgery when I did was not to be a burden to any of you on the team. But I can't control this one.

Please work hard while I am gone...there is still much to work for IHSSA, NAT Quals, All Iowa Finals and Novice Nationals. Also be patient with Nate who has had to fill in a lot already will have a lot on his hands so please work with him--he has a lot on his plate.

Thanks, Coach Harry