Sunday, December 14, 2008

A million thank you notes...

At the time of this posting Coach Nate is still in the building dealing with the final round of Varsity Policy which has run very, very late on Sunday.
There are a lot of people to thank but none more important than Coach Nate!

Parents: I HEARD NOTHING BUT PRAISE FOR YOUR EFFORTS FROM VISITORS AND DOWLING. Praise is not usually something you hear during a tournament as a director. You hear of all the problems! Never once was I approached with anything other than visitors impressed as could be.

You should be really proud of your efforts. I'd love to be able to tell you how much money was raised through concessions but I will when we figure all of that out. But what an effort involving so many families. Some of you had long boring shifts of security or rush trips for supplies. What a great show!

I am overwhelmed by your efforts. The amazing show of Roosevelt students and parents this morning for the 8 schools left in VCX finals was talked about in the hallways. If we can impress the people from Glenbrooks--we've done something right! They should know: They run one of the best tournaments in the nation.

Students: I know this was a first time running a major event for each of you as well. We did a great job overall! The tab crew called the ballot table the best they had in a long, long time. The smiles as you worked long hours of concessions and all of the set up work of the rooms, awards, clean up, etc showed a great determination and enthusiasm. Those of you who audited results actually found an error or two on the tab staff part! WE CAN READ BALLOTS! Most everyone made their shifts on time, rose to the occasion and got the job done. You should all be proud.

And a special thanks to Sam, Judy, Anna and Olivia for your coming back from college to help out. Your loyalty to this program is amazing!

Until now there were only 3 schools in the state who could undertake something of this magnitude: Valley, Cedar Rapids Washington and Dowling. The Dowling tournament is far bigger and more complex that the other two. But we proved we can do it as well! Great job Roosevelt Debate!