Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We need a parent driver/judge in Chicago NOW!!! Please help!!!

We are in desperate need of parent driver next weekend to the Glenbrook's in Chicago. Nate and I can accommodate 14 of us total but we have 18 to make the trip. I thought we had a ride both ways lined up some time ago but that isn't going to happen. I've asked two sets of parents for help and haven't heard back from them but sense we could have problems.

Here is what we need and can do:

We would like to depart somewhere between 930am and noon on Friday am. If need be we can rental a 7 passenger conversion van or suburban or something to help out. We will reimburse for gas. Of course, if you'd like to donate the miles, we can get you a gift tax receipt from Roosevelt.
I can try to get another room set up at our hotel for you and charge it to the program.

We actually could use one more person to judge at the Glenbrook's as well. So if you'd be inclined to do that--even better.

If you would like to talk about this, please let me know asap. This is a spot I need to fill or I will have to drop entries--which would be most unfortunate.

The problem for the record lies in a DMPS rule change that doesn't allow us to rent a 12 passenger van and convert it into 9 seats--even though it is apparently legal under Iowa law.
Iowa law prohibits use of 15 and (perhaps now) 12 passenger vans for school use. Other schools have been using the larger vans and we had rented accordingly but those options just went out the window.

We all received a new interpretation of the law yesterday.