Just as a thought for everyone to consider...it takes many different types of students to put together a solid speech and debate program. We need kids who can do debate events well and speech events well. But even within those areas, it takes different students with different capabilities to make things happen for the best team outcome.
I hear two different sets of kids complaining about other kids. Please leave your team alone...I know there will always be disputes amongst kids but I have worked very very hard to bring this level of talent together. None of you can do everything from policy to LD to HI but together we can accomplish a lot. Individually or in clicks we can accomplish little or nothing.
We need everyone on board in POSITIVE manner and need the personal drama end.
Please: Respect one another and find a way to work together in the debate room. It would be no different in a play or on a football field...it takes teamwork to accomplish anything.
Right now your coaches don't have time for this stuff...we have big tournaments to prepare for and we have Dowling to prepare for...and then I have surgery to prepare for.
Coaches need to focus on the big picture and you can help a lot by supporting one another. You may be different students from different backgrounds but you all have something to offer each other.
An occasional pat on the back, verbal acknowledgement of an accomplishment, high five or whatever will go a lot further for team harmony than you can ever imagine.