Yesterday we had the privilege of trying out a new room and this morning I got a complaint from Coach Groth about the condition of the room when he arrived. I agree with everything he had to say:
1). No one picked up the room
2). Stacks of papers were all over including on the floor
3). Food was consumed in the room, wrappers left and crumbs on the carpet. His room attracts hungry critters from the outside because of the doors by him.
4). Chairs were everywhere.
Conversly-I did get Bright's area checked and it was just fine.
No matter who's room we are in...the room has to be left in good condition. With the increasing numbers of students and no increase in coaches, it is becoming harder for coaches to check every room before we leave. I need everyone to show some common courtesy to the teachers in the rooms we use or we won't be practicing anywhere.
Food is to be consumed in the hallway from this point on...
Team captains need to help check rooms before they leave. A little leadership with our youngsters will go a long way to correcting this problem.
Those of you taking debate as a class need to be particularly careful! You are being graded! If Coach Groth were handing out grades today to you--they would have been down a full level for the extra work you put him through today!
Thank you!