Tuesday, October 23, 2007

PF and LD Practice Schedules and an Extemp Note

PF will go Wednesday after our early out meeting...this is an important session so anyone who does Public Forum needs to be in attendance. Extemp filing can take place afterwards since we have all afternoon!

LD has been moved to Thursday after school. Lindsey will be in from 3-4pm to help with case construction. If you have new cases roughed out--email them to her ASAP for her reading so we can maximize your and her time on Thursday!

Extemp notice: Since everyone is upset with the condition of the files boxes...everyone gets to fix the problem. I'm tired of the whinning and lack of action. Billy will be back next week and I have no doubt he will be horrified. Olivia and Billy are hereby directed to talk with one another and decide the correct course of action prior to next week. Then we have two weeks to get it done before Glenbrook's. I have this strange feeling that I have provided as much or more stories for the files from the Wall Street Journal than anyone on the team. We have no Economist index because no one stepped up to do it. Obviously novice extempers can and will do only so much...so upperclassmen need to get busy!

Right now I need to see some extemp leadership. My job is to get students going in the event and teach how to build arguements, etc. Our students, however, are to provide the bulk of the research and it's not happening well enough. You cannot live off Sam Fairfield's extrodianary dedication to extemp filing any longer because he graduated!